What is Primary Years Programme (PYP)? How Does It Work?
The Primary Years Programme or PYP in international school Singapore is a curriculum designed by International Baccalaureate (IB) for young students from 3 to 12 years. The programme is founded on thinking, which recognizes the natural curiosity, ability, and creativity to reflect in a child and it generates challenging, stimulating learning to nurture those kids and foster prolonged learning in every student. You need to choose the best kindergarten school where kids can learn through all subject areas when gathering big ideas.
Why Choose IB Education?
- The IB international schools are the only schools, which have the authorization to provide IB programmes and have strict accreditation to provide quality education.
- The research-oriented approach in curriculums and teaching from the best educational practices from different systems worldwide.
- IB teachers should participate in different professional growth opportunities to promote their awareness in existing educational practices and developed thinking.
- Internationally recognized IB programmes and easy transitions of internationally mobile students so their education will not be affected in any way.
- Develop a sense of understanding about the world and their responsibility towards it.
What special training do IB teachers have?
All PYP teachers are trained by certified IB trainers and they get professional training in IB teaching approaches. It is also required for IB international schools that are offering PYP programmes.
The PYP is recommended for students from preschool to primary grades so they can move to higher educational levels.